Friday, October 18, 2019

My Personal Favorite Blog Entry

I loved writing this blog.  It was personally enlightening.  It may have provided a little bit of entertainment to you, but it showed me that I could regain my creativity.  It was gone for decades thanks to a really bad tenth grade English teacher who said I couldn't write.  But what I learned was that it doesn't matter.  What matters is I like what I write, and by extension, some of you might as well.

I wrote an entry just about every day.  If a blog entry was late, I'd get emails.

"Dave, I'm sitting in my cubicle with my donut and coffee.  Where is the blog?"

So after many years of daily blogs, I accumulated quite a few.  I've been asked if I have a favorite.  Well, pelicans are my favorite bird, so it had to have pelicans in it.  It had to show that I regained the imagination of my youth.  It had to show humor.  This one, from April 3, 2013...

https://trawlerdriftaway.blogspot.com/2013/04/pelicans-and-mathematics.html
Pelicans and Mathematics

Short story.  After Drift Away, Pamela and I moved to a remote cabin in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York.  We learned that we had Sasquatch (seriously?  They're real?) all around us.  So I decided to blog about it, of course.  Then I did the improbable.  I turned my blog entries into a book.

"Living Among Sasquatch:  A Primer" became a hit in the Bigfoot world.  It was, and is, a best seller.  It sold so well it was on Amazon's best seller list for a month.

I ran out of things to write about.  At Pam's urging, I wrote a novel.  And then a second.  No facts here, just my imagination.  They don't sell well, but they are also my favorite writings.

You can go to Amazon and search for "Dave Gibson Sasquatch".  Go to the book.  Click on my author name and go to my author's page.  There are all of may books, so far.  Thank you.  This is due to encouragement from you.

Writing fiction, where I can really let loose is liberating.  Exhausting at times, but it removes me from real life and sets me free.  I am in another place.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that Pelican Blog-- You wrote many Enjoyable Blogs back then..

    ReplyDelete