Friday, May 27, 2016

Cruising the St. John's River

Well, not really cruising.  You don't cruise at 30 knots.

The last time we were on the St. John's, we traveled from Jacksonville to Green Cove Springs to have Drift Away hauled out.  It was the end of our voyage, and a most certainly bitter-sweet moment.  We did it.  I fulfilled a life long dream of cruising, and took along my soul mate to boot.  It was bitter because it was over.  Sweet because it happened, and we have memories to last our lifetime.

And here we were several years later, bouncing down the same river that we cruised at 8 knots doing 30+ knots in a 20 foot bowrider.  My my my, the strange twists life takes.

It was a wonderful day with good friends.  But now Pamela wants a boat again.  ~sigh~.




Back at the helm!


Believe it or not, this is a coal electric plant, not nuclear.

Check out the size of this boat house!



A live-aboard.  Boat blight.  

Notice the chick on the right.


Buzzards, no doubt looking for me.

1 comment:

  1. You NEED a boat again Dave!!! But this time make it a sailboat....

    ReplyDelete