Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ruby's Happy Dance

I've posted quite a bit about our two dogs, Ruby and Chevy.   Both are pit bull mixes, and both are wonderful, happy, friendly dogs.   Ruby can be a little too happy.

Last night, Pam took both dogs off the boat to do their business.  Getting back on the boat, I heard Pam laughing hysterically.  Finally catching her breath, she told me the story.  Coming down the ramp, Chevy high-tailed it to the boat, but Ruby decided it was time to do her "happy dance".   Ruby's happy dance consists of bouncing up and down, prancing and wagging not only her tail but her whole butt.  Well, she started the happy dance, and got happier and happier.   She bounced backwards and forwards, backwards and backwards, and forward, and backwards and backwards and backwards until she was out of dock.   SPLASH! 

Ruby loves to swim, but I don't believe she likes to do it without warning.   She seemed none the worse for it, though.  Perhaps just a bit chagrined.


Today, I was looking forward to the second coat of paint on the windlass.   I need 50 degrees to paint according to the directions on the can and it was 45.  Close enough! 

Considering how bad it looked, I think it came out alright.   The paint on the gypsy and capstan was from a previous paint job.


Since it was so rusty, I painted it with Rustoleum.  Amazing stuff.   when I paint the inside of the gunnell with Interlux Perfection, I'll paint the windlass too so it matches.   I, of course, celebrated finishing that project with a special work-project-finished beer. 

I went to the Ideal Windlass website.  A replacement for that windlass is $7,700.  YIKES!   I then had a second I-just-saved-myself-big-bucks beer.   I would have done a happy dance, but thought better of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment