Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What a great weekend.

In my previous blog, I made the comment that our three day Memorial Day weekend would be busy but that we'd get a few boat projects done, like cleaning the teak deck and sealing them with Thompson's Water Seal.   Yeah, that didn't happen. 

Saturday was an on water music concert in Stamford on a friend's boat.  Pam and I really enjoy music and the bands were really good, as was the food and beer.  
 
 
Sunday we took the T-Bird to a car show at Quinnipiac University with over 700 cars.
 
 
The Connecticut Seaport Car Club went up to the parade in a group and parked together.  The condition of most of the cars at the show was incredible.  Many looked like they just rolled off the showroom floor.

Monday was a Memorial Day parade in Fairfield. I zip-tied the boat ensign to the wire wheel on the stern of the car and we took up the end of the car club contingent. As we passed a Coast Guard float, I asked if the ensign was the proper size which got a big laugh after a short puzzled pause. After the parade, I got to shake the hand and thank both a Pearl Harbor survivor and a WWII and Korean War vet at a Memorial Day observance.
 
 
I'm thinking that I need to buy a flag pole socket and mount it on the rear bumper for future parades.  The flag looked good and we got a good response from parade spectators.

Nope, did nothing on the boat project list, but Pam and I had a ball.  How was y'alls weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment