Saturday, November 17, 2012

UFOs

I'm a news junkie.  Or maybe a better description is that I always need more data.  Always.  I have this burning desire to try to understand things.  Why is it that way?  Why can't it be another way?

Yesterday, I spent the better part of the day researching why the Palestinians and Israel don't like each other.  My head is still spinning on that one.  I think I'm reading too much into it trying to understand both sides.  My initial conclusion, for those of you still reading, is that they're nuts.  Fer Pete's sake, just let it go and get on with it.

There are some things I just don't give a hoot about, and I shoot from the hip.   Like the deck paint I bought at West Marine.  I just bought it without any research whatsoever.  It's not like me to do that, but sometimes it's what I do.   I know if I try to research it I'm going to find a lot of conflicting data, and internet research will find folks shouting and yelling at each other, so I just cut to the quick and buy something.  I usually regret it when I do that.

Want to have some fun?  Find a cruising message board and start a thread asking about the best anchor, or whether you should have a gun on board.  Then pop some popcorn and sit back and watch.

Other things, I research the snot out of.  Like UFOs.

I've always had a fascination with UFOs.  When I was a kid in school, I read every book and magazine article I could get my hands on about them.  My 11th grade English Regents essay was about UFOs, and was so well done and so well reasoned that my English teachers stopped me in the school hallway to tell me so.  My conclusion about UFOs?   They exist, but no one knows what in the heck they are.  I suppose, by definition, they're unidentified.  But what are they?

And that's why, while reading CNN's website yesterday and I saw this, I'm not surprised at all, but I'm still fascinated after all these years...

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t4#/video/us/2012/11/13/co-ufo-sightings-in-denver.kdvr

Is it a flying saucer?  A portal to another dimension in space and time?  An unknown earth creature like Bigfoot that can fly really fast?  Me trying to get out of a boat project?

Speaking of boat projects, my latest is to paint the boat.  We've gone from "it's too hot to paint" to "it's too cold and rainy to paint" in the blink of an eye.  No seriously, this isn't me procrastinating here.  We went from 85 degrees and hot and humid to 60 degrees and rainy and windy.  Not that I've been outside.  It's what my internet research says.

No comments:

Post a Comment