Sunday, May 1, 2011

Procrastination Day 3

Today was beautiful.  A gorgeous, absolutely perfect day.  Sunny, warm, and a gentle breeze.   Certainly no one can be expected to do boat projects when the weather is this wonderful, right?

So after a great Pam cooked breakfast, we headed up to the dog park.   The back side was busier than normal, no doubt because of the great weather.  All dogs love this park.   What a tremendous resource to the residents of the area.



We headed through the woods.  Over the hill, this is what we saw.


A car show!  Pam and I love car shows.   We put the dogs on leashes and headed to the show.


A 1953 Ford.


A 1914 Cadillac.  365 cubic inches, external cylinders, and a whomping 45 HP.  The car was perfect.


A 1957 Thunderbird.  I talked to the owner to see if there's an Early Bird Club in the area.  I've been thinking of taking my 1956 T-Bird out of the cow barn in upstate NY and bringing it to CT.  No, no Early Bird Club, but a great rod and custom club.  Maybe I'll join and bring my car down.

Back at the boat, Pam and I relaxed on the aft deck with a beer.  She left for the grocery store and I felt like I really needed to accomplish something.  Sanding the gunwales was out.  Too late, too messy.  


So I rewired this old lamp, declared victory, and had another beer.   A victory beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment