Thursday, May 5, 2011

Loon in CT. Proof!

I got up this morning and, as I do most every morning, admired the sunrise.  There's something about living on a boat and sunrises and sunsets...   and there he was.   At first, in my groggy state, I thought he was a Cormorant, hmmm... why does he have white... IT'S A LOON!   QUICK, GET THE CAMERA!    I dashed to the camera place (everything on a boat has a place), snagged the camera, and ran back to the helm station and flung open the door.  

This is where he used to be.


Finally, proof that there are Loons in Connecticut.

We also have Swans.  Big deal.

3 comments:

  1. "This is where he used to be..." Awesome. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing happens to me when I try to take the perfect picture of dolphins jumping -- all I get is water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can easily tell if there is a Loon nearby, their call has a willowy vibration and its very beautiful. We were horrified to hear the call of a Great Heron, what a racket for a big bird!

    ReplyDelete