Sunday, February 27, 2011

Spring is here!

Well, it's Spring today anyway.   Yesterday was a bit cool and breezy, so I spent the day finishing getting the marina's wireless internet up and running.  I owned a computer business for 20 years.   Although I had no experience with wireless hotspots, I know a bit about networking and volunteered to take a look.  What a mess.  It was cabled wrong and configured wrong, but after many hours of reading the manual I had downloaded for the GIS Hotspot (there was no documentation anywhere) and redoing the cabling, and then reconfiguring it with invaluable help of Richard from GeoSat Solutions, it's up and running.

The view from the top of the office building that houses the internet gear is awesome.  I had to check the link lights on the antenna so I brought my camera along.   I'm glad I did.



 Life living on a boat in winter in Connecticut is slow.  We watch some TV, a lot of movies, and find other ways to amuse ourselves.  Last night, Pam decided to try jewelry making using some of the sea glass she's collected over the past couple of years.   Smudge the cat found something new to amuse herself with as well.


Today, Sunday morning, it's sunny and in the upper 40s and it's only 10 AM.  Time to boot these guys outside.


Pam has decided to clean up the helm station, which has become a catch all for stuff.  The dogs are on the foredeck, with Ruby sunbathing and Chevy standing guard.


Pam put on a floppy hat she found in the helm station.   Chevy caught sight of it and, not recognizing Pam behind the window, started barking his head off.


While I'm writing this blog, Pam seems mildly annoyed that she's working and I'm sitting on my duff.   I promised to take down the Christmas lights after watching Chris Christie on Face the Nation, and then I may tackle getting the electric motor off the hoist so I can get it rebuilt.

Update- Sunday was a great day to sit on the foredeck with a neighbor and enjoy the sunshine and a couple of brews.   I did remove the Christmas lights, but not the electric motor.

This Freedom 25 was returning from a sail.  It looked like a good breeze out there so it must have been a little chilly sailing upwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment