Saturday, March 26, 2011

Go Ahead, Chuckle

I know Spring is supposed to be here.   According to the calendar, it's already Spring, and this morning on TV I see that the cherry trees are in bloom in Washington DC.  Here in Connecticut, there are tiny buds on the trees and I've seen Robins.   It's cold here though, only 35 degrees as I write this.  Looking out the windows, I see ice on the water, a sure sign that it was in the mid-twenties last night.


As a 40 year lake sailor, I'm still fascinated by tides, which run seven or eight feet here.   The water goes up and down twice a day, covering and uncovering whatever is on the bottom.   When a skim of ice forms and the water drops, the ice covers everything like a layer of cake frosting.


The forecast today is to get up to around 40 degrees.   So all you loopers and cruisers in Florida, the Bahamas, and Caribbean... stay put,  or take your time wandering back north.  It's still hat and gloves weather here.

No comments:

Post a Comment