Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It Helps to be Crazy

You don't have to be crazy to live on a boat, but it helps.

Last night was a tough one, sleep-wise. The dogs have taken over the aft master stateroom and Pam and I escape to the mid-stateroom.   I sometimes have difficulty sleeping and I awoke at 2:30.   I moved myself to the aft stateroom with the dogs to find something boring to watch on TV.  As I opened the door, I heard wagging tails slapping the bed.   Thankfully, they knew it was me and not a cat burglar.

Chevy and Ruby pretty much take over the whole bed, sprawling both on and under the covers.  This is typical sleep style.


I managed to wiggle my way in and started channel surfing, finding something appropriately dull and boring.  After an hour or so of Chevy snoring loudly and Ruby running in her sleep, and Smudge the cat sleeping on my chest and purring loudly,  I decided to move upstairs to the couch with a book.    Within five minutes, Chevy was on the couch next to me.   ~sigh~

Back downstairs, quickly followed by Chevy the dog and Smudge the cat.   Back to positions everyone!   I finally fell back asleep around 5, and up at my usual 6 AM.

Coming back from the showers, I was met with this sunrise... I love living on a boat.


Pam has replaced her daily workout in the marina gym with walking the dogs to the nearby beach.   She said she saw geese that she hadn't seen before, with a funny kaa-ronk call.   A check of the bird book shows it to be Brant Geese.    Cool.


Then, back on the boat, the dogs assumed the couch position of using me as a pillow.  Both dogs are sound asleep.  The old bald dawg wishes he was.


It looks like I'm staring off into space in that photo.   I'm actually watching the Today Show, incredulous that an investment advisor just told a sixty year old Utah woman that her $750,000 in retirement savings isn't anywhere near enough based on a 4% investment return, without asking about the woman's lifestyle.   Maybe she lives on a boat with a couple of dogs and cats.

2 comments:

  1. Fun posts as always. Hope tomorrow nights sleep is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just can't beat a beautiful sunrise to make your day.. even when you are tired.. right, Dave!

    be well, be happy
    Pam i am 2

    ReplyDelete