Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Mess in the Head

Dave chatted about our rainy day last weekend, but I thought I'd share what I discovered when I decided to clean the head in our stateroom. I had noticed that there was a lot of moisture under the port and I had to frequently spray the area and clean it with Lysol mold and mildew cleaner to kill whatever was growing. Upon  closer inspection Saturday, I discovered the whole top of the shelf was also wet as well as the outer wall. I gave a little tug on the wall paper... oops.

Now I have a decision to make.... well, I couldn't leave it like that, so I began to tear out all the rotted wood. As I began scraping the rot on the shelf top, I discovered a lake under the wood!

I kept scraping and pulling up wet, rotted wood. Under the rotted wood was a solid fiberglass countertop. The outer wall was just as rotted, so that all had to go as well.


so after a lot of scraping, ripping and cleaning, the final result wasn't too bad. I can live with this for now.

time for a victory beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment