Monday, April 11, 2011

Getting Mauled By My Own Dogs

Saturday was a nice day for sitting outside.  I had finished cleaning up the storage bins under the helm in the flybridge of many years worth of clutter and debris and was celebrating with a couple of victory beers on the foredeck.  It was sunny and warm, and the dogs were enjoying it as much as I was.


Ruby and Chevy were doing guard dog duty, watching for evil doers, communists, and whoemever else posed a threat to national security.


They soon got bored with that and decided to play with whatever was handy.  Anything is a toy to a dog, and towels are just  fine.


They soon tired of that as well and decided a dog nap was in order.


That looked good to me too.  There was a tarp lying on the deck and the sun had heated it up nicely.   It looked like a perfect place to lay down and reflect on world matters through the inside of my eye lids.

The dogs thought this was a curious thing for me to do and came over to investigate.  Ruby, the very protective and motherly female, decided that I needed saving from Chevy, the vicious pit bull.


She climbed on top of me where she could defend me best.  She was insistent and I was having a hard time getting her off.   I called for help from Pam, and being the dutiful girlfriend, decided to grab the camera instead to record my impending doom.


FYI- dogs don't care where they step on you.   A couple of shouts of pain got Chevy's attention...


and Ruby was right there to fight him off. 


Ruby then thought my face needed washing and proceeded to clean me up.   


It looks like she's trying to eat my eyeball in the photo below, but she's actually smothering me in dog kisses.


Side note- it looks like I'm getting a little thin on top. 

Well, I never got my nap.   But it's reassuring to know that I'm at least well protected from evil doers, communists, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Chevy.

1 comment:

  1. Pam really got some good photo's.
    They sure got me laughing.

    Bill Kelleher

    ReplyDelete