Saturday, November 12, 2011

The fear of exploration

It's not often that I write, but at dinner tonight, I realized something. I'm not the norm. Let me explain, I was married for 20 years and did the whole wife and mom thing.... but I was always yearning for "somethng". I was the stay at home mom, take the kids to sports and even ran for local office, but I knew in my heart I had this wanderlust. When life took a turn and I found my courage to pursue my life's dreams, I took Nikes motto, "just do it".  As Dave and I meander down the eastern coast, embarking on a venture of a lifetime for both of us, it seems surreal.

We ate dinner tonight at Aqua Sol, a wonderful restaurant on the grounds of North Summit Marine where we are currently sitting, and as I listened to the conversation around me, we were surrounded by conversation of those wishing they were on those boats leaving the marina for points south. I said to the couple next to us at the bar, "you have to just do it" and with wistfulness in his eyes he came up with several excuses why he can't. At this point, I can't come up with a single reason why I wouldn't be living aboard and exploring this wonderful world. I can't see myself living on solid ground in the near future. There are blogs Dave follows and some have sold their boats, I can't see that in my future. It makes me sad to imagine my life not on this boat and exploring beaches unknown.



Pam

3 comments:

  1. “That which we manifest is before us; we are the creators of our own destiny."
    ― Garth Stein, The Art of Racing in the Rain

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great attitude for cruising, Pam!

    ReplyDelete