Monday, November 21, 2011

So This Brunette Walks Into A Doctor's Office...

A brunette goes to the doctor and as she touches each part of
her body with her finger she says, "Doctor it hurts everywhere.
My leg hurts, my arm hurts, my neck hurts, and even my head hurts!"

The docters asks, "Did you dye your hair?

"Yes,I did," she replies with a frown.

The doctor asks, "Were you a Blonde?"

"Yes I was. Why do you ask?"

The doctor answers, "because your finger is broken!"

That's how I felt yesterday after spending most of Saturday removing our old refrigerator and installing a new one with my buddy Chuck. I don't know how he felt, but I hurt in places I didn't know I had places. I did walk the dogs with Pam, but my plans to paint the foredeck went right out the window. I still hurt today.

 I have this penchant for getting wounded doing jobs like these. They're called "boat bites".




And the worst of all, banging my noggin.


Bald guys are at a decided disadvantage.  You can see from the many scars that I hit my head a lot.  Hair acts as an early warning system when your skull is about to make contact with something and your duck reflex kicks in.   Hair also covers up any whacks, while bald guys have to  rely on hats.

There's a form of torture called "death by a thousand cuts".  I must be getting close.

5 comments:

  1. Boat bites, thanks for the memories, I know them well. They are compounded by a need for an extra elbow, or one that bends the other way, sharp objects lurking behind immovable fixtures, and the idea toe builder had that two inches of swing room ought to be enough leverage to remove a bolt installed by an gorilla using power tools and then allowed to rust or otherwise corrode into a single mass.
    with any luck there will be oil and other interesting substances into which your face must be thrust to allow your arm to reach around whatever was put there and always with the knowledge that if the tool slips it is gone into another dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like standard results of working on a boat. LOL

    Try being an blood thinners it make it more interesting. I carry band aids in my billfold.

    Bill Kelleher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when hose clamps are turned the wrong way-- Thay bite you too...

    How do know a blond has been using a computer?? Whiteout on the screen... Maybe a old joke-- Just thought I would add it to this post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Bill K said X2. Typical. You should try building a boat from scratch, there's things called "FiberSnakes" that reach out and bit you! Their sting is deadly and the only known cure is.....

    http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff166/KnottyBuoyz/KBIII/6a04ef40.jpg

    Carry on Dave. Just keep the Guinness and bandages handy!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sved says to put on your big boy boxers and deal with it.....

    ReplyDelete