Saturday, November 26, 2011

WAGO Terminal Box

Sven, my buddy who installed my electronics, used a fancy dancy terminal block. I couldn't figure out how to get the AIS data cable wires inserted in the holes so the AIS data would display and overlay on the Simrad NSS12 chartplotter.  Finally, using a magnifying glass, I saw a logo on the side of it.  I couldn't make out what it was so I took a photo of it with the super macro setting.  I downloaded it onto my laptop and zoomed way in.


It says "WAGO 249".   A half hour of googling produced nothing that showed me how the thing worked.  At a party last night, someone remarked that you can learn to do just about anything on Youtube, so I did a search there and BINGO, there it was- Wago Terminal Demonstration.

It showed how to insert a wire into it by pushing a screwdriver in the square hole and then sticking the wire in the round hole.   I tinned the wires to make it easier, something I also learned on Youtube.

What I need to figure out now is where in the WAGO 249 to insert the orange and blue wire from the AIS data cable.  The yellow and green data cable wires aren't used.  I wonder why they're in there then?  Seems dumb.


The chartplotter cable is the big black one that's almost vertical, and it's connected on the bottom row. I tried two empty holes on the bottom row and then two on the top but it's not working.   I sent an email off to Sven but he's probably busy with the holidays.  I don't want to call his cell phone and bug him on the weekend.  I'll bug him on Monday if I don't hear anything.

The AIS works.  If you go to http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ and in the vessel name search box type in Drift Away, and there we are.

So while we wait for Sven, if you want some laughs, watch the WAGO video.



No comments:

Post a Comment