Friday, November 18, 2011

What Great Service From Filter Boss!

I installed two Filter Boss systems on Drift Away when we were having all those fuel issues a few weeks ago.  This is a very cool and ingenious system.   If a filter starts to clog, a pressure sensor sends an alarm to the helm station and one can simply flip a switch and a hydraulic actuator changes from filter #1 to filter #2 in about one second and the engine keeps on a runnin'.  Well, when while draining water out of the bottom of one of the filters a couple of weeks ago, I broke off the wires to the actuator at a point where it couldn't be spliced.  I called Andy, the owner of KTI Systems, and he said no problem.  When we get to Annapolis,where we plan to spend a couple of weeks, just send him the actuator and he'll repair or replace it.   I also told him that the Filter Bosses seem to lose their prime when shut off.  He said that there is a built-in check valve that's supposed to stop that from happening and that he'd look into it.

The pic below is of the switches in the helm station, just to the right of my victory beer after I finished the install.  To switch filters, simply lift the red handle and flip the switch.


In the photo below, the actuator arm is the vertical black one with the little red and black wires coming out of the bottom.   They're in a vulnerable place.   I must have snagged the wires when opening the drain valve at the bottom.


I zip tied the wires on the other filter to the hydraulic lines behind it to keep them out of the way of the drain valve to prevent that from happening in the future.

Yesterday, I removed the actuator, boxed it up, and took it to the post office and shipped it out.  On the way back to the boat we stopped by our friends Kate and Chuck's to say hello.  Kate and Chuck very generously let us use their address for parts that we've ordered since we're on the move.  They weren't home, but there was a UPS delivery on their front porch.  It was addressed to us, from KTI Systems.  It was a new actuator and two new check valves.   Unbelievable.  Fifteen minute turn around time, all the way from Massachusetts.  ;-)

Customer service in the marine industry is notoriously bad, so it's only right to give kudos to a company that has good service.  In the case of KTI Systems, it's outstanding.  They had emailed me and asked when I expected to arrive in Annapolis.  I never expected them to send the new part out without me first sending them the old one, and Andy even remembered about the check valve issue.  It seems it might be a problem with the O-ring, no biggie.  I'll install the new actuator and the check valves today.

On a side note, it is now 35 degrees in Annapolis and the high is forecast to be 45.  Although the old reverse cycle A/C units are keeping the inside of the boat nice and toasty, we need to get south!

1 comment:

  1. 57*, tomorrow. Hoping to pull the engine on TWB.

    You've still got some time. I often sail between Thanksgiving and New Years Day. But, I would make an effort to be south of VA by New Years, for sure.

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete