Monday, January 30, 2012

This Place Is A Zoo

No, really.  This place is a zoo.  OK, I'm gonna go out on a limb here.  If you're cruising on the ICW, you have to stop at Osprey Marina for a couple of reasons.  First, it's a great place.  It's a really nice marina, and priced right.  Second, the Waccatee Zoo is a short bike ride (or a long walk) away,


This place made me smile.  It reminded me of simpler times, back when I was six or seven and my mom and dad would make a day out of going to Fox's Zoo in West Sand Lake, NY.  Even though I'm now supposedly a grownup, I giggled like a little boy the whole time we were there.  Pam laughed and laughed.  No, it's not the Bronx Zoo and no, there's no giraffes or elephants there, but trust me, you will love it.   Here's why.






















Seriously.  Plan on stopping at Osprey Marina in Myrtle Beach.  Bike or walk to the zoo.   Check your adulthood at the desk and be a kid again, just for a couple of hours.  Buy a cup or a bag of animal feed and have a blast.  All you cruisers now down south and making plans for the trek north, add Osprey Marina and  the Waccatee Zoo to your stops.  Waccatee Zoo is a time machine.  For just a couple of hours, I was six again.

Now I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, missing my mom and dad...

1 comment:

  1. Too much fun! I love places like that! We go to the local agricultural fair every year just so we can pet/feed the critters. Just wish I knew what some of those critters are!

    ReplyDelete