Sunday was a very dreary and rainy day. New York City got an amazing 7.7" of rain. Despite my best efforts to carefully seal the new foredeck hatch and two side deck port lights, they leaked like crazy. The plywood that I duct taped over the hole in the helm station where I removed a window was as dry as a bone. I guess the answer to boat leaks is duct tape and plywood.
I needed to do an indoor boat project and I decided to make the new light for the master stateroom head. I had removed a flourescent fixture that burned out and decided to cover the hole with an idea I had for an LED unit. I bought a 3' piece of of teak at West Marine ($50 distributor price!!!) and cut off 16" of it. I then cut two 2.75" holes to hold two round LED units. It came out pretty well if I do say so myself.