Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pam Broke Her Big Toe

I haven't written a Drift Away blog for the past couple of days.  I know that because I got a few emails wondering what was up.  Well, I've spent the past two days learning how to use Google's SketchUp drawing program to design the shack we're going to build next year in Bleecker.


SketchUp is a pretty powerful program, although parts of it are a little kludgy.  Sometimes it creates solid objects and sometimes hollow.  Strange.

But SketchUp is a useful program, and best of all, it's free.   So if you need to model something, consider it.

Yesterday was a quiet day.  Pam had to work and I studied SketchUp.  She got home late.  Going down the spiral staircase to the forward stateroom, she slipped and fell down the stairs.  Everything hurts today, especially her big toe, which she thinks is broken.

So she spent the day in bed, and I dealt with the dogs and SketchUp.  Maybe I should use my new skills to design a toe splint.

No comments:

Post a Comment