Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm Getting Married In The Morning!

I'm getting married in the morning! Ding dong! The bells are gonna chime. Pull out the stopper! Let's have a whopper!  :)

About to don the tuxedo and then hop in the T-bird and head to Saratoga to marry my best friend, my lover, my soul mate!  My Dad passed away last summer.  Even though it's pouring rain, I'm driving his '56 Thunderbird up to the wedding in Saratoga Springs as a way of including him in this big event in my life. 


My mom passed away over ten years ago.  Long ago, I had mentioned to Pam that her favorite song was Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers.   As a kid, I listened to her play it over and over again, so many times that she would wear out the record and have to buy another.  Pam chose it as the processional song as a way of including my Mom in the wedding.   I'm so lucky to have met such a warm, loving, and caring person.  I don't know how I'm going to be able to get through the song without bawling like a little girl.

On Sunday, we put the cars in storage, get driven back to the boat and head south down the Hudson to Kingston.   We'll be riding the ebb tide so it should be a quick trip.  We hope to get to NYC on Monday, Manasquan on Tuesday, Atlantic City on Wednesday, Cape May on Thursday, C&D Canal on Friday, and Annapolis on Saturday to make a party with friends.  That's a really big hope, and I hope the weather and tides cooperate.   If not and we can't make the party by boat, we'll rent a car and drive there.

On yet another note, I have to say once again that I love living on a boat.  This is my view as I eat breakfast and write this blog.


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the nuptials Pam & Dave. Good luck and smooth sailing.

    Rick & Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS FROM LESLIE & DOUG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and Best Wishes!! We hope you enjoy many wonderful sunsets sitting on the back deck of Drift Away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Robert Browning)
    "Grow old with me... the best is yet to be."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave and Pam, congratulations! I loved your Hudson cruise commentary Dave. I've made that run a few times and always loved it. You make me want to do it again!

    Looking forward to following your blog. Good luck to both of you. Tom Young

    ReplyDelete