Saturday, October 22, 2011

Filter Bosses- The Wires Are Run

It was the dawn of a new day.   What does that mean, exactly?  Every dawn is the dawn of a new day.


Whatever.  It was the dawn of a new day, and time to tackle the impossible job of running bunches of wires from the engine room to the helm station for the Filter Bosses.  To cut to the chase, it took ALL DAY.  Really.   I poked around in the middle stateroom a bit before deciding that the best route was to follow water hoses from the engine room to the sink in the head.  From there, it was up to a cabinet where I drilled four 1/2" holes and had to butt connect sixteen wires.  Then to the front of the cabinet where I drilled four more into the cabinet in the forward head, to the front of that cabinet (four more holes), under the sink to the front of that bulkhead (four more holes) and up into a cabinet in the forward stateroom where I had to disassemble some cabinetry to get access.   This is what I found. This is where other wires run into the cabinet under the helm station.   Sixteen more butt connections.    


Perfect.  I drilled three more holes, poked a coat hanger with a set of wires taped to it, and pulled a set of  wires three times.  After seven hours of drilling holes, connecting wires, and banging my head, I called it a day. 



All I need to do today is to figure out which wire does what and connect them to the two remote switches and a circuit breaker, and then see if the whole thing works.  Piece of cake.

Exactly when does it start to snow in New Jersey?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you and Pam should hoist a couple at Long John's tonight? (Is Long John's still at the Highlands?)

    ReplyDelete