Sunday, October 2, 2011

Getting Married Is A Lot Of Work

Pamela was a beautiful bride yesterday.


The only photos I have are people's cell phone pics, but you can see how lovely she looked.   Everything went without a hitch and everything was perfect.  Well, except for the cold and rain and having to drive a 1956 Thunderbird with no heater or defroster for an hour to get back to the boat.  But it didn't really matter.  I was smiling all the way.

So our plan was to leave today for Kingston.  That ain't happenin'.   This morning we drove my truck and the 'Bird (through the pouring rain AGAIN!) to Johnstown for winter storage and Pam's mom drove us back to the boat.  We ate lunch and then realized that we're both whooped.   Even though the rain has stopped, the sun is shining, and the tide is ebbing, our energy level is at mean low tide.  We'll leave tomorrow and get as close to Annapolis as we can for Saturday's party. 

Besides, we're really, really enjoying the warm hospitality of the Castleton Boat Club.  What a nice group of people.  When we drove up in the T-Bird yesterday, Pam in her gown and me in my monkey suit,  the door of the clubhouse swung open and a lady waved us to come in.   They were expecting us and had made a large pot of Italian wedding soup.  We told them we'd be right up as soon as we changed and walked the dogs.

"We already walked the dogs, twice.   But bring them up with you!"

So we did.

Our future plans are up in the air, but I inquired about membership here.  This would be a nice place to summer on Drift Away.   We'll have to give it some thought.  It's a working club, meaning that the members have to put in hours.   I certainly have no problem with that since I belonged to a working club for forty years, but as we are now snow birds Pam and I would miss the most important work parties, the Spring and Fall dock work parties.   They said it's not mandatory to attend those, and I could certainly get in my hours during the summer since we'd be living on our boat here.   

And they'd have the added bonus of having two guard dogs.   ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment