Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I'm Gettin' Nuttin' For Christmas

Christmas is only six days away.  It doesn't feel like Christmas here in Georgia.  Last year, we were in Annapolis and it was cold and blustery.  While we didn't have snow, it sure felt like Christmas.  Here, it's been in the 60s and 70s.

Are you making your Christmas lists?  What's on it?  Visions of GPSs?  AIS?  Maybe some new foul weather gear?

As for me, this song comes to mind.

This is for all you other old timers out there.


Lyrics to Nuttin' For Christmas :
(S. Tepper, R. Bennett, 1955)

I broke my bat on Johnny's head;
Somebody snitched on me.
I hid a frog in sister's bed;
Somebody snitched on me.
I spilled some ink on Mommy's rug;
I made Tommy eat a bug;
Bought some gum with a penny slug;
Somebody snitched on me.

Oh, I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas
Mommy and Daddy are mad.
I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas
'Cause I ain't been nuttin' but bad.

I put a tack on teacher's chair
Somebody snitched on me.
I tied a knot in Susie's hair
Somebody snitched on me.
I did a dance on Mommy's plants
Climbed a tree and tore my pants
Filled the sugar bowl with ants
Somebody snitched on me.

So, I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas
Mommy and Daddy are mad.
I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas
'Cause I ain't been nuttin' but bad.

I won't be seeing Santa Claus;
Somebody snitched on me.
He won't come visit me because
Somebody snitched on me.
Next year I'll be going straight;
Next year I'll be good, just wait
I'd start now, but it's too late;
Somebody snitched on me.

So you better be good whatever you do
'Cause if you're bad, I'm warning you,
You'll get nuttin' for Christmas.

6 comments:

  1. Well Dave once again-- Your Blog started my day off.... Thanks for he entertainment....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Christmas in the south....isn't wonderful? Snow can be fun but warm weather makes playing with new toys soo much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the memories brought to mind with yesterday's post. You always bring us a smile, even tho yesterday's was a sad one.
    Merry Christmas to the crew and canines of Drift Away.
    Bob and Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas Day here in the Tropical Tip is supposed to be breezy, mostly sunny, a high of 74º. I am SO good with NOT having a white Christmas.

    One of the good things about getting older: you don't have to worry about being on Santa's Naughty List - you still get stuff. ;-)

    Happy Holidays from our crew to yours!
    Captain Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahoy, Drift Away, Jim and Jean Tiner here. Here is in Ennis, TX for the holidays, although we live in Austin, TX. We are past owners of the yacht you love. We loved her too and have fond memories of live in Florida and cruising the Keys and Bahamas. When we bought her she had a bad case of algae in the tanks and was running on 5 gallon cans with hoses to the engines. We spent a few years doing lots of the improvements you describe, including adding the third head forward and remodel of the flybridge adding the Marquip davit and Whaler. We did anchor out almost all the time when we cruised the Bahamas so the holding plate refrig and freezer were super nice. We love seeing your photos and reading your most interesting stories. It is great fun to finally find out what happened to the boat, our old Tiner Liner. Thanks and hoping to hear from you guys. Merry Cristmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim and Jean! Merry Christmas to you! And yes, we love your boat. The past three years have been wonderful. I'm very happy that you found this blog and I'm so happy that you know how much we love and appreciate your "Tiner Liner", now Drift Away. This is, indeed, an awesome boat, and you'd be happy to know that Pam and I care for it a great deal. It has been our home for almost three years now, and a most wonderful home it has been. If you ever want to reconnect with Tiner Liner, please know that you are most welcome to do so.

      Delete