Saturday, November 10, 2012

Started Painting the Boat

Friday was a perfect day for painting.  Sunny, low humidity, no wind, and temps in the 70s.

We took the dogs to the beach for a couple of hours to tire them out.  Pam then left to meet a friend for lunch in Savannah.  The dogs were snoozing inside the boat.  Time to paint!  With my new China bristle brush!  I opened the cans of Interlux Perfection paint, mixed the two parts, and got to it.

I started at the front of the cabin by the helm station.  I ran out of paint just a couple of feet from the aft end. No worries.  I'll finish the next round of painting.  

No clean-up.  I left the paint cans outside to dry and stuck the paint brush in a plastic bag and shoved it in the freezer of the beer fridge.  

As I opened the door to the main saloon, the dogs shoved me aside.  Chevy and Olivia were frantic to get off the boat.  I swooshed them aft and blocked the way to the wet paint with a rocking chair.  Believe it or not, in the pic above, they never touched the paint.

So how did it come out?  Not so good.  Over the years, I've painted two other boats several times each with Interlux paint and they came out pretty good.  I don't know what's changed in today's paint, but the finish is dull, and it didn't flatten out like it should have.  I'm disappointed with "Perfection".  It ain't.

But it looks better than it did.  Time for a victory beer.

Today, Saturday, is the Brunswick Rockin' Stewbilee!  I'm really looking forward to it and we're bringing the T-bird to the car show.  And tonight is blue grass music at Confederate Station!   Painting can wait!  Yahoo!

Our forecast per Intellicast:

5-Day Forecast for Brunswick, Georgia

Today: Sunny, High: 76 F, Low: 57 F

Tomorrow: Partly Cloudy, High: 80 F, Low: 65 F

Monday: AM Clouds/PM Sun, High: 79 F, Low: 62 F

Tuesday: Scattered Thunderstorms, High: 79 F, Low: 58 F

Wednesday: Partly Cloudy, High: 66 F, Low: 54 F


1 comment:

  1. Whoa! That seems fun. Thanks for sharing this post and for these photos. Nice posting!
    PBSBoatStore.com

    ReplyDelete