Saturday, April 27, 2013

Drift Away is Haunted

I don't have any other explanation.

Awhile back, I found this mangled quarter on the floor.



I don't know where it came from, or why it's beat up so badly.  But this isn't the strange part.

We've been packing up our things and hauling them to our storage unit in preparation for our move to New York.  A few days ago, Pam went through the middle stateroom and packed up everything, and then cleaned it.  She washed the bedding and throw rugs, and scrubbed the floors.   Yesterday, while passing by, I noticed something shiny on the floor.  I picked it up.



It's a Euro one cent piece dated 2005.

Nope.  No idea.

In other news, the Whaler's Evinrude is being really cranky.  It  doesn't want to start, and when it does, it idles poorly.  At a dock neighbor's good suggestion, I replaced the year old gasoline with new, but it still won't run.  It may be shellac in the carburetor, so today I'll spray the snot out of it with carburetor cleaner while cranking it, and maybe pull the plugs and clean them.  I need to get this running so we can get the dogs off the boat while anchoring out next week.

It's always something.

Oh, and my laptop has been copying photos onto the external hard drive for over two days now.  Hopefully, it will finish this morning.

2 comments:

  1. I would take the Carb off and apart to clean it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's gas and carb's don't get along very well.

    I like the old gas much better.

    Bill Kelleher

    ReplyDelete