Thursday, April 11, 2013

That's All I've Got

Sometimes boat projects are unlike anything you'd do as a landlubber, such as calibrating your battery charger's pick up and drop out potentiometers.   Sometimes they're just like landlubber projects.

Yesterday was a blech day.  Nothing special, nothing exciting.  The only unusual thing was the way it started out.  It started out foggy.  It's rarely foggy here.  I was so taken aback that I took a photo.  But of what?  Do you know how hard it is to make a photo of fog look interesting?


 This is the best I could muster.  A pic of the cardboard factory.

I'm still tinkering with calibrating the Sentry battery charger, but that only takes a few minutes of reading my multimeter while waiting for the battery to discharge itself.   Meanwhile, I needed something to do.   So I decided to do this.


Both dinette chairs needed to be glued.  They were loose and wobbly.  So I took my pry bar and pried apart the back half from the front, squirted in wood glue, stuck them back together, and clamped them with an old dock line.  Yep.  That's as exciting as the day got.  You can see how thrilled Ruby is.

Finally, at 5:30 I left to pick up Pam from work.   Back at the boat, while enjoying cocktails on the aft deck, I grabbed my camera to take pics of... nothing, really.   There's a new kind of seagull here with a swallowtail.  Maybe I can get a pic of one of those.


Nope.  They fly by way too fast.  The above was the best I got, and that's a close crop of a distant pic.  I'll try again today.

Well, there's always Elmer and Myrtle.   Only they saw me coming with the camera and without Krispy Kreme donuts, so they flew off in search of something sweeter.   Pelicans?  Nope.  They were diving a few docks away.  Well, the sunsets are always nice.


Nope.  Even the sunset was dull by Golden Isles standards.

Sorry folks, that's all I've got.  Life living aboard isn't always exciting and glamorous.

Pam is off today, and my Aunt Alice and Don are visiting the Golden Isles, so we get to play tourist and show them around.  Maybe I'll get some pics of lunch or something.

2 comments:

  1. That's a tern, Dave, not a gull.

    And I should let you know that there's no such thing as a seagull - there are all kinds of gulls, but 'seagull' is not used in birding. Your two black-headed gulls are either laughing gulls or bonaparte's gulls (I mix them up).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a SINGLE PELICAN today Dave? Maybe you need to take a quick trip to Krispy Kreme's so you can get Myrtle interested again. I'm sure Elmer would appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete