Friday, April 26, 2013

Victory Beer!

I took a walk down to the marina office yesterday.  I had two packages waiting for me.  One was a 1 TB external hard drive that I needed so I could offload 368 GB of photos from my laptop's 500 GB hard drive.  The other package contained impellers.   Two were for the Ford Lehmann's, and the other for the 7 1/2 KW Onan generator.


I'll replace the Ford Lehmann impellers when Drift Away is on the hard in Florida.  The seacocks for both are frozen, and if I beat on them and break them, we'll be in deep doo doo.   But I replaced the Onan generator's impeller.


A picture is worth a thousand words.  I know I took the long way around the barn to do this, but at least it's done, and done right.

I also took the time to write the impeller part number on the pump's cover plate.  I had a devil of a time getting the right impeller because Onan used a variety of pumps.


That will probably be it for boat projects until we get to Florida.  Pam is still packing stuff and we're moving them to our storage unit.  Tomorrow we'll bring our bicycles, records (yes records), the record player, and other things we don't need to cruise down to Florida.

And yep, that victory beer tasted mighty fine.

6 comments:

  1. You didn't go straight to 2tb? You've dedicated yourself to digital photography and created 368 gb of photographs in just over a year. I'd have gone straight to 2tb. Of course, when I go out and shoot a race, I'm usually shooting in excess of 500 frames in a 2 hr race.

    Also, just for the record, I archive all my original images in RAR files. WinRar, is said to have a more efficient compression algorithm than zip files. Using WinRar will make your 1tb drive last a lot longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you don't say if it doesn't Overheat??

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you don't say if it Still Overheats....

    ReplyDelete