Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pot Luck

Good morning from Isle of Hope, Georgia.  Yet another picture perfect day.


In mink hunting news, I've been toting the camera with me to photograph the marina's mink.  All I got was a footprint, but at least I know they're still around.,


Hmmm.... maybe that's a Jingles the dog footprint.  I'm not seeing the fifth toe.  Nuts.

Last night was our now weekly pot luck dinner.  There was a pavilion conflict with our planned Thursday pot luck so we moved it to Wednesday.   As usual, the food was fantastic, and plenty of it to boot.


We invited transients to dinner and several joined in, along with Lucy.


Lucy made herself right at home and fit right in.

Hey Chris look!  You're on TV!






Chevy tried to hypnotize Rick into dropping his plate on the floor.  Didn't work.


Tom brought along his TV and DVD player.   Pam and I provided Captain Ron, the funniest movie ever made (if you're a boater), filmed in 1992.   Everyone seemed to enjoy it, and movies are funnier when watched with others since laughter is contagious.

If you haven't seen it, here are a few gems for you...

Benjamin Harvey: [Overhearing his parents] Wow. We're getting a boat? Too cool.
Katherine Harvey: Ben, remember our discussion about eavesdropping?
Benjamin Harvey: Okay. But we're getting a boat?
Katherine Harvey: Your father and I have to talk about it.
Benjamin Harvey: Alright. We're getting a boat.


Katherine Harvey: We'll be spontaneous when we have time.


Captain Ron: [telling how he lost his eye] Yeah, it happened when I went down off the coast of Australia.
Katherine Harvey: Your boat sank?
Captain Ron: No, no, no, no. Not my boat. My boss's boat. Yeah, we hit this reef. Huge son-of-a-bitch. Ran the whole coast.
Katherine Harvey: Wait. The Great Barrier Reef?
Captain Ron: You've heard of it, huh? Smart lady.


 

Captain Ron: Yeah, incentives are important. I learned that in rehab.

Captain Ron: We should be okay. 'Cause I know we're near land.
Martin Harvey: Great, Cap. Great. Ya hear that? We're almost there. Explain to the kids how you know that, Captain Ron. Someone translate for General Armando.
Captain Ron: Alright, now stay with me: When we left, we had just enough fuel to make it to San Juan. And now... we are out of fuel!

Caroline Harvey: Captain Ron, I was wondering. Are we going to be going to any more "human" type places?
Captain Ron: Well, you heard of St. Croix?
Caroline Harvey: Yeah.
Captain Ron: We're going to the island just to the left of it.
Caroline Harvey: What's it called?
Captain Ron: Ted's.

Martin Harvey: Slow down! There's boats all over the place!
Captain Ron: Don't worry. They'll get out of the way. I learned that driving the Saratoga.


No comments:

Post a Comment