Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Jekyll Island. Again.

I like to write this blog everyday, but I know it must be getting monotonous to you.  Not traveling, and no boat projects because of the heat and humidity.  We go to Jekyll Island a lot because we have the time, the dogs love it, and so do we.  We go to a part with lots of driftwood which gives me plenty of fodder for my photographs, but even I'm starting to get tired of the same old driftwood and dog photos.  So, I've been recruiting Pamela as a model and I'm giving that a shot.

Taking photographs of nature is easy.   It takes being in the right place at the right time, and sometimes being lucky.  Taking portraits of people is much more difficult, I'm finding out.  Not only do you have to be concerned with  composition and lighting, but you want to capture a mood.  I've been studying portrait photography on the internet for some time, trying to figure out what makes a good portrait.  So this is what I got.

First the dog photos.




And then driftwood pics...


And then driftwood/boat pics...


And then driftwood/Pamela pics...



I have much to learn about photography, especially shooting in bright light.  

No comments:

Post a Comment